Compost = Great Soil = Great Garden
How to choose the RIGHT compost. As we have talked about many times before, good soil will help you have a good gardening experience. So much great composting materials end up in the landfills everyday.
Compost is like fine dining to plants – they love it! Some people think that compost is grass clippings and leaves collected from the yard, they are right, but it is so much more than that.
We here at “Watch Us Grow”all purpose liquid plant food we get asked quite often “what can I put in my compost pile?” and “How to choose the right compost”So we put together a list of some of the many items you can compost.
- cow manure, pig manure, horse manure, chicken manure, rabbit manure, bat guano
- apple cores & peelings, potato peelings, tea bags, bread crusts, toast
- cooked rice, cheerios, macaroni & cheese, shredded brown paper bags, banana peels, fruit salad
- peat moss, melted ice cream, moldy cheese, old yogurt
- crab, lobster, shrimp shells
- human hair, pet hair, dust bunnies
- vacuum cleaner bag contents, coffee grounds, egg shells, paper towels, shredded newspaper
- houseplant trimmings, pie crusts
- orange, grapefruit rinds, old pasta
- finger & toenail clippings
- onion skins, nut shells, watermelon rinds, old beer & wine.
Remember this is just a SMALL list of the possible composting material.
You get the idea, just about anything can go in the compost pile.
If you have all this in your compost pile, your plants are going to love you after you add it to the soil. And also remember to always feed your garden with “Watch Us Grow” all purpose liquid plant food every 10 to 14 days throughout the growing season.
Thank You to all of our gardener friends and we really appreciate your support. Please contact us anytime with any questions, The Watch Us Grow Team
No related posts.