There are many dry and liquid fertilizers of varied formulas on the market. There are formulas for houseplants, gardens & lawns, formulas for trees and shrubs, formulas for vegetables and fruits.
If you buy a dry fertilizer that has an analysis of 10-10-10 that means that only
30% of that purchase is usable fertilizer, 70% is a filler of some sort.
The most inefficient method to fertilize is soil application, no matter what the plant or crop. There are many factors that may make the soil applied fertilizer unavailable to the plants.
- Nitrogen is leached out of the soil and carried away by water. Nitrogen can also turn into gas and escape into the atmosphere.
- Use of herbicides may kill the soil organisms so that nitrogen is not converted into a usable form.
- Phosphates can be tied up in alkaline or acid soil.
- Potash can leach out or be tied up in clay soils.
- Dry weather also retards the availability of soil nutrients. The end results are ,that the plants do not get the full benefit of the fertilizer you purchase.
Your loss could be as high as 75%! Almost all dry and liquid fertilizers do not have the important TRACE elements or MICRONUTRIENTS necessary for good growth.
Watch Us Grow all purpose liquid plant food is a 256 to 1 concentrate of the 3 major elements plus
5 TRACE elements or MICRONUTRIENTS. Diluted and applied to the foliage it becomes active plant
food within minutes and the plant uses 98% of the fertilizer applied. The one formula is perfect for all plants, trees, shrubs, grasses, house plants vegetables and fruit throughout the world.